***I'm determined to catch up on cataloging our family's events this year. Be ready for outdated posts galore!

2/10/2010

Cook-Share-Blog: Shoyu Chicken

this recipe is a real winner - simple, easy, fast, and delicious. {i have fallen in love with my crock pot all over again in recent months. the whole fix-it and forget-it concept is wonderful.} it comes from the bearnson's in my parents ward. without further adieu:

Shoyu Chicken*

For 6 to 9 servings:

1 1/8 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. vinegar
1 1/8 c. soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp. ginger {use fresh}
1 1/2 tsp. garlic
2 1/4 c. water
12-18 pieces skinless chicken thighs 
{breasts/tenders work also but thighs will be much more tender}

Put all ingredients, except chicken, in a bowl and mix.  Place chicken in a crock pot and pour sauce on top.  Cook on low heat for about 6 hours, stirring occasionally. Serve with white rice {Botan is a personal favorite}.  It really is as simple as that.

*This is one of my dad's favorite recipes

1 comment:

Ben and Janelle said...

That seems like a lot of chicken (12-18 pieces) for only making 6-9 servings. Maybe the pieces are smaller than I am imagining. :) Sounds yummy!
I love my Crockpot too. My favorite is roast. It takes about 5 minutes to prepare and then just cooks itself. The only work is making the gravy afterward and any side dishes (I prefer baked potatoes...to stick with the easy theme). Yummy shreds of beef with gravy...now I am hungry for some!
~Janelle