***I'm determined to catch up on cataloging our family's events this year. Be ready for outdated posts galore!

2/22/2010

Every Day Moments


 {december 2007}

today marks a year and a half since the plane crash.
grace and porter are now walking and running and learning to talk.
elder ellsworth will be home in just 3 months.
hannah is in her second semester of college.
kamber lives in az while she's raising porter.  {doing an awesome job, i might add!}
my mom is remarried and an empty nester.
we finished med school and are buying our first home.
a lot has happened.
has it only/already been 18 months?

time is a bizarre thing - how it seems to fly by and stand still all at once.

while i'm not at all grateful for the actual trial, i am very grateful for what it's taught me.
in both the gospel and in life.

that picture of madison and my dad {above} hangs in my room and on the frame it says,  
Everyday moments make the best memories.

so true.
i'm learning {slowly} to not take things/people for granted,
let the unimportant stuff go,
and enjoy the little things
 - like porter's smile.

{taken by kamber}

4 comments:

Kamber said...

Nice Post! I love it.

Holly said...

Can I just tell you I love reading your blog. You are such a funny, sweet, amazing girl. I loved the story about Maddison being in love with a pair of shoes and you giving in. Totally story of my life. Keep the posts coming they make my day.

Katie said...

It really doesn't seem like it's been that long. Your family is such a good example. I'm sure you have good days and bad days, but your underlying faith is apparent.

ashley said...

Aaaahhh not again!! Someday I will be able to read your blog without bursting into tears!!!
But I just can't help it...
Porter looks so much like Dallin...