***I'm determined to catch up on cataloging our family's events this year. Be ready for outdated posts galore!

8/03/2009

You Know You're In AZ When...

... you go walking at 6:30 AM and come home drenched with sweat

... you want to take a cold shower and the water comes out lukewarm at best

... you literally burn your hands touching the steering wheel, seat belt, or door handle of your car

... you leave a writing utensil in the car and it melts into a different shape {it happens to portable dvd players too. we found out the hard way!}


...when it burns your feet to walk barefoot outside, after 9 am

... it's still 100 degrees outside at 10 pm

... you find one of these on the wall outside your house {or in this case, my in-laws house)


{those little things on it's back is a cluster of babies - they were counted the next day and totaled over 30. YEAH! isn't it horrible how excited i am that they all died? eewww! i hate scorpions!}

in case you can't tell, i can barely handle AZ summers and hate being cooped up inside.

but then i have to remember AZ winters: gorgeous temps, fresh oranges, and did i mention gorgeous temps? i do love our winters!

in the meantime, we do plenty of this:


to keep from burning while we do this:


in fact, we are going to hit the pool today as soon as madi and grace wake up from their naps! and why not one more picture? check out grace's new pose -


love it!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

That last pose of Grace's is so diva-like! I can't believe she keep those sunglasses on!

Scorpions gross me out!!! I knew even before I clicked to enlarge the picture that there were babies on her back! Ewwww! My parents get scorpions every once in awhile too. *shudder*

Natchel said...

Oh gosh I hear you! Being pregnant in the summer was horrible! And I left my cell phone in the car once and it filled up with condensation and shorted out my phone. Major bummer.
I was a nanny for two little girls and had to take them to and from camp every day. I would have to use my shirt to open up the car doors because it would scorch their little hands. And don't accidentally lean on your seat belt buckle or you'll have a buckle shaped burn on your arm. True story!

Robin said...

I don't know exactly where you guys are, but you can come swimming at our house any day.
robinrooster@gmail(dot)com