***I'm determined to catch up on cataloging our family's events this year. Be ready for outdated posts galore!

8/06/2009

Madison Keeps Us Laughing


*madison was doing something silly today:

me: madison, you're so goofy!
madi: no mom, me Minnie!



*madison was using a little etch-a-sketch and this was our conversation:

madi: mom, me draw couch.
me: oh how fun! why don't you draw grace sitting on the couch?
madi: ok!
...a minute goes by...
madi: mom, look!
me: oh good job! is that grace sitting on the couch?
madi: no, zebra!

i don't know if i have ever heard her say that word before!



*we have been helping madison pray for a long time now- we say a phrase, she repeats it. so today at lunch this is what happened:

me: ok, lets fold our arms for the blessing!
madi: no!
me: ok, well that makes Heavenly Father sad! we need to fold our arms to be reverent.
madi: no!
me: ok, well i am going to go ahead and say it then.
madi: ok!

...a few minutes into lunch...

madi: mom, blessing! (with folded arms)
me: ok, do you want to say it?
madi (bows her head): yeah! "blessings... Jesus...Christ...amen!" (that was her first solo prayer ever)
me: oh madison that was perfect; i'm so happy!
madi: mom, blessing!
me: oh again, ok!
madi (folds arms and bows head again): "Chris mission...Brett mission...Christ...Jesus...amen!"
me: that was so good!
madi: Jesus happy now!



*on tuesday, kamber was in mesa looking at houses (yeah!!! we are SO excited for her to move closer) and madison pulled porter's little crocs out of her diaper bag right before they drove back to tucson. so they got left behind and i told madisosn i'd call kamber to ask if she wanted to come back for them.kamber said she'd get them next week and that was fine with me.

but it was not fine for madison!

madi: mom, me call kamber. my phone. (gets her plastic phone from her kitchen)
me: ok, thats fine. you can call her.

next thing i know....

madi (yelling into the phone): KAMBER, COME BACK!! POTO'S SHOES! COME GET SHOES NOW! KAMBER, COME BACK!! (hangs up the phone)

me: oh good, did you talk to kamber?
madi: uh huh! (walks into her room to keep playing)

{this is the face i got when i asked her to smile big for the picture}

i sure do love this little girl!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

she's adorable! thanks for sharing but it's great you're recording these cute sayings!

Lindsay said...

I still don't think I've ever heard her say a word!! She's at such a cute age. :)

RonElaine said...

LOL! That is so stinkin' funny.

I got your e-mail the other day, and we will be available any time that weekend, so whatever you want. Also, if you end up bringing the girls, our offer stands - we'd love to watch them anytime for as long as you need.

Jen Hilton said...

Loved those cute prayers and Madison's obsession over shoes.

Hannah said...

awwww i can't wait for next week :)