***I'm determined to catch up on cataloging our family's events this year. Be ready for outdated posts galore!

8/07/2009

Faith in His Timing

i've had thoughts racing through my head for weeks now, about what i want to say or the message i want to convey this month as it gets closer and closer to Aug 22. should i write about the struggles i still have and the heartache that hits out of nowhere? the continuing tender mercies i feel blessed to experience? a tribute to my dad and brother? there is so much to say, some of it very personal, but some of it is stuff i'd like to share. i want to write about it- i just haven't figured out how.

this blog has become important to me - a place where i can post pictures of my darling girls and boast about my wonderful, hardworking husband, make travel logs of our incessant trips, and fill posts with 'fluff'. but more than that it has been a way for me to express my thoughts, emotions, yearnings and most importantly my testimony. this has become our family history.

i don't know what i will feel inclined to share or write about in the upcoming weeks. but i do know that i will be traveling to cedar city (due to the graciousness of my in laws to take care of my girls). i know that there are people who read this blog because they loved my dad, or loved dallin, or both, and because they care about my family. i know that we continue to feel loved, supported, and sustained through the continuous heartache and change we have experienced. i know that through this blog, people have reached out and made a difference in my life.

i am grateful.


for now i'd like to share a quotefrom Pres. Monson that i found today from this blog. {their family's strength and testimony is inspiring.}

"Mortality is a period of testing, a time to prove ourselves worthy to return to the presence of our Heavenly Father. In order to be tested, we must sometimes face challenges and difficulties. At times there appears to be no light at the tunnel's end—no dawn to break the night's darkness. We feel surrounded by the pain of broken hearts, the disappointment of shattered dreams, and the despair of vanished hopes. We join in uttering the biblical plea 'Is there no balm in Gilead?' (Jeremiah 8:22). We are inclined to view our own personal misfortunes through the distorted prism of pessimism. We feel abandoned, heartbroken, alone. If you find yourself in such a situation, I plead with you to turn to our Heavenly Father in faith. He will lift you and guide you. He will not always take your afflictions from you, but He will comfort and lead you with love through whatever storm you face."

Thomas S. Monson, "Looking Back and Moving Forward," Ensign, May 2008, 90

2 comments:

Erin said...

Thanks for your thoughts Marie. I just wanted to let you know that you are frequently in our thoughts and prayers, especially as the year mark draws near.

ashley said...

I love that last line:

"He will not always take your afflictions from you, but He will comfort and lead you with love through whatever storm you face."

That is awesome.

Thanks for your address! I gave it to my mom, she is sending you something in the mail.