***I'm determined to catch up on cataloging our family's events this year. Be ready for outdated posts galore!

10/31/2008

To Strip Or Not To Strip?

i started having contractions this morning before we went in for my 39 week check up but they were spaced a ways apart. well come to find out, i am 4 cm dialated and 85-90 % effaced. so the answer to the question: definitely strip. my ob stripped my membranes (sorry if that is too much info for a public blog) and set us off with an induction scheduled next tuesday night in case the baby hasn't come.

well, she's coming. today. maybe tonight/tomorrow. contractions are five minutes apart.

my house is scrubbed from top to bottom, my bag is packed, madison is down for a nap, my sister-in-law is on her way, contractions are five minutes apart, and we are good to go!

check back for the good news!

11 comments:

Jen Hilton said...

Go Marie Go!

Sheri said...

Wow! I am amazed at how ready you are! Hope labor is a good experience, or at the very least, hope it isn't a nightmare. :) You'll do great, and I'm excited to see pictures of your darling baby!

Brook said...

I'm so excited. good luck I hope it all goes well. can't wait to see some pictures of the new edition.

Lindsay said...

Yay!!! I've been checking your blog every day for the news! Hopefully since you're already at a 4 your labor will be a quickie!! Good luck - I hope everything goes smoothly and can't wait to see pics!

RonElaine said...

So prepared! Hopefully we can say the same in a few weeks. Good luck, hope all goes well. we love you!

andrea said...

yeah!!!!! so exciting! i'm glad the stripping worked so well for you. i was stripped twice and they still had to induce me. good luck and i can't wait to see this beautiful baby of yours!

Rachel said...

HOORAY!!! Hope everything goes well!!

Jen said...

I was thinking about you today wondering if you had your baby yet. I'm happy to hear she is on the way. I can't wait to see your newest addition! Good luck! Actually hopefully congratulations by now!

ashley said...

YAY!! Waiting for the update!!

Sarah said...

Congrats Marie! Can't wait to hear the news!

Kate said...

Congrats Congrats Marie, I can't wait to see photos of beautiful little Gracie!! You are amazing!!