***I'm determined to catch up on cataloging our family's events this year. Be ready for outdated posts galore!

10/09/2008

False Alarm

stressed, sleep deprived, and the stomach flu = CONTRACTIONS!! not a good combination

results:
3 hours in the labor and delivery triage room, cups of water (couldn't keep down), IV fluids, a dose of phenergan and sent home = NOT FUN!!

all in all i am so grateful the contractions stopped, Dan was able to stay in New Mexico, people came to my rescue to watch madison, my mother-in-law once again was amazing and stayed with my the whole time and even drove us home and put madison to bed for me (i was SO loopy from the phenergan!) it was quite the night!

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness, Marie! I'm so glad everything turned out okay! I've started feeling my first BH contractions...it's a strange feeling!!

Sheri said...

UGH, that's miserable! I don't think miserable is a strong enough word. The stomach flu has got to be one of the most miserable illnesses, and being 8-9 months pregnant is misery in and of itself.

Hope you're feeling better!

LeAnn said...

Jared thought he saw you while you were here. That Bishop was my dad. Jared was helping. I'm sorry you've been so sick. I've had experience with phenergan. I went into labor with Kendi because I was sick. Luckily she only came 10 days early. I hope you get feeling better and recover before the real thing happens. Good Luck!!

Kate said...

oh my goodness, I hope all is well. Love you tons- are you feeling better today? I hear ya on the sleep deprived thing, but don;t have that baby just yet, give her a little more time!! Miss you, feel better, we love you!

RonElaine said...

I have been thinking about you because I know you are getting so close! I hope Baby Grace lasts just long enough for Dan to get home. I'm glad you've got great family to help with all the craziness!

Jen Hilton said...

Oh Marie! You poor thing. Hang in there. We love you.

ashley said...

Oh no!!!!
Stay away, contractions!!
That's scary stuff, girl! I'm glad you've got such great family and friends to take care of Madison for you. Dan needs to get home soon!!