***I'm determined to catch up on cataloging our family's events this year. Be ready for outdated posts galore!

10/11/2008

Patterns Make the World Go Round

at least for people like me! i do not have crafty, creative bone in my body but i have found i can follow a pattern.


i know it's bright and you might be thinking it looks kind of boy-ish for someone about to have their second girl. but i bought this material the day before i had madison, thinking i wanted a gender neutral quilt and i just barely got around to making it- now i wish it was pinks or purples. but i am still pleased with how it turned out.

i cut everything , pieced it together, hired out the quilting ($30 was SO worth it), and then bound it. i was in over my head and but luckily i made it in cedar so my mom could rescue me occasionally. everything considered: it was a lot of work, a lot of fun, and i won't be making anything like this anytime soon.




my next adventure: HOOTER HIDERS! check back in soon for my next pattern following project!

6 comments:

Kate said...

gorgeous, really it looks great, and I know what you mean about it being so worth it to hire out the quilting... I did the quilting myself on the one on my blog but it was my first time ever and I had to do just straight lines to keep it easy, but I LOVE the stippled look on yours, love it! Great job!
Have you made the hooter hiders yet? I don't think I'm going to make one since I got that one as a gift, one less project for me, love you! and yes, time is flying, we're already almost halfway through october!!
love ya!

andrea said...

I love IT!!!!! i think it great to do colors that can be for both genders. I can't wait for your next project!

ashley said...

It's not BOYISH at all!! It's adorable!! I am jealous of you and your craftiness!

RonElaine said...

I love it! Perfect for winter babies - even if you are in AZ. And, I'm totally impressed, hooter hiders will be much easier than a quilt! Do you have one? It's just a rectangle with a strap and some boning sewn into a pocket at the top for structure. A friend made on for me last time, but I'd modify it a bit. I've thought about making one too, but I perfected nursing w/o any blankets so I can't decide what to do. Make sure to let us all know how it turns out.

Jen Hilton said...

I am so impressed. As cute as all the girly colors are, babies really do love the bright ones. Great job!

Jen said...

Very impressive! I seriously can't imagine making a quilt, or even a pillow case for that matter! I even got a sewing machine last year for Christmas, and I haven't even used it once!