***I'm determined to catch up on cataloging our family's events this year. Be ready for outdated posts galore!

10/06/2008

The In-Laws

we all know many, many people who have the dreaded, stereotypical in-laws. they make sunday dinners, family trips, and holidays a nightmare. thankfully this is not the case for me! i not only have an amazing immediate family, i have incredible in-laws also!

i already posted pics of little porter and in case you didn't notice i was able to go to cedar city this last weekend to see him. it never would have been possible without my in-laws. i was able to leave madison with a cousin-in-law until my sister-in-law lindsay got off work and she watched madison all weekend for me. and poor lindsay got more than she bargained for - madison got the stomach flu and diarrhea - not a fun combination! thank you michelle and lindsay!

the other catch is that i am 36 weeks pregnant, and driving to utah by myself didn't seem like the safest or most appealing thing to do. so my mother-in-law, who teaches 2nd grade, arranged to get out early and drove me up friday and back sunday. i could not have made that drive myself at this point. thank you laura for making it happen!

i was able to surprise my mom, who didn't know i was coming, and we had a nice relaxing weekend up at the cabin watching general conference. we also got to see kamber and porter several times and that was wonderful! it made me so excited for our little girl to arrive this month, and it was such a blessing to be part of that experience and see dallin's son. what a special little boy he must be to be sent here without his dad! i can't wait to start telling him all about dallin.

all in all, a wonderful weekend: general conference, quality time with my mom and sister, relaxing at the cabin, seeing little porter and kamber, a quick break from being a mom, fall weather with red and yellow leaves, and well worth the drive. thank you again laura and lindsay and everyone else who helped with madison. this is only the most recent thing you have done for me - thank you for the endless service i have recieved since i became part of your family and especially since the crash. i love you!

(all the pictures i have of my in-laws are on Dan's lap top so i will add them this weekend when he comes home to visit!)

3 comments:

Robin said...

I have been following your blog and all the updates about you and your family. My heart broke reading about your dad and brother and you have been an amazing example of faith and strength. Thank you for being such an inspiration and uplifting friend to follow.

Kirsten said...

awe isn't it awesome to have great in-laws~! mine are great too. it must be hard not to have dan around.

Jen said...

I am glad to hear that you have awesome in-laws! Mine are great also, and it makes life so much easier! And yes, my bedspread is from Ikea! I love that store!