***I'm determined to catch up on cataloging our family's events this year. Be ready for outdated posts galore!

10/27/2008

In The Meantime...



... we are enjoying the waiting game. friday afternoon my mother-in-law came to my rescue again and helped me make these bite-size caramel apples for a Halloween block party we had. they are so cute and so good! you just need apples, caramel, and colored chocolate to make these miniature pumpkins. they were gone in a hurry.

our good news is that dan made it home safely!! no more away rotations, no more good byes! we are so excited to have him home and madison has been clinging to him nonstop. this pic is right after he got home as we were headed to the block party (she's a bumble bee fairy!).



friday night we walked up and down our street for over an hour - no labor, no contractions, no luck. so now we are just waiting this out. hopefully we will get a lot done this week as we finish projects around the house. dan has been working hard putting together bookshelves and moving stuff around today.

to sum up how we feel:

"i'm so glad when daddy comes home, glad as i can be
clap my hands and shout for joy and climb up on his knee
i put my arms around his neck, hug him tight like this
then i like to give him... what?... a great big kiss - Muah!!

7 comments:

Greg and Sarah said...

Your daughter's costume is adorable! If I only had a cute little girl to dress up! I am glad that Dan is home for good. I had no idea how hard it is to be away from your family. You guys are amazing!
Love ya

Jen said...

Your apples look delicious! I love Halloween treats, but I rarely make them, because Ray isn't a big fan of sweets, and I would end up eating them all. I love Madison's costume too, it is adorable!

Keith and Nicci said...

We're right there with you on the waiting game - too bad we can't go on all those long walks together!

Kirsten said...

oh my heck. those are soo super cute... I can't get over it.

Kate said...

still no bebe? man, I was thinking maybe maybe... Well, I already feel like I am in the waiting game and i still have like three more weeks... I suppose it's a good thing though since I still need to organize a few things at work before I head out for two months! love ya tons, keep us posted!! and text or something when she comes for real! love ya!
oh, and can you actually send me the details for reals on how to make those yummy apple things, we're headed to two parties this friday and I'd love to take some, they're so cute!!

ashley said...

Mmmmm.... caramel apples.... I want some!!!

I'm so glad Dan is home. Madison is such a doll in her costume.

*Note to Marie's belly-baby: YOU CAN COME OUT NOW!!!!*

Kate said...

is there a baby yet???