***I'm determined to catch up on cataloging our family's events this year. Be ready for outdated posts galore!

3/23/2010

Still Going Strong


my new favorite thing for lunch:

toasted whole grain sandwich thins 
spread with avocado and cilantro hummus
sprinkled with some shredded chicken
and topped with texas caviar

SO GOOD!!

i just might eat it everyday for the next 12 weeks.

two days down ... and a lot to go. but i've been successful thus far (yeah, only two days, but still!) and i love the feeling of being in complete control. i'm writing down everything i eat, which started as a way to keep track of healthy meals and snacks and has evolved into a good form of accountability. breakfast and lunch are no problem - dinner is another matter. any healthy, easy, family friendly, delicious ideas?

misc other:
**i love turkey bacon. like, really love it.
**eating 5 chocolate chips satisfies my sugar craving.
**i never understood those 100 calorie packs until now- why package junk food to make it even more tempting and accessible? now i do. PORTION CONTROL- for when you don't have any yourself.
**wishbone's ranch salad spritzer tastes better than it sounds.
**yoplait's light blueberry yogurt. need i say more?

5 comments:

Lindsay Skinner said...

I'm not sure about the avocado & cilantro hummus, but the rest sounds really yummy! I'm going to have to try it. Great job so far!

The Littlefields said...

Good work! I wish I had some good healty recipes for you... not a strong point of mine. :)
I love the rug that you got, I'm in the market to help protect my carpet. Abby is a pretty clean eater now, but once Carter gets bigger we're in trouble.

Jen said...

Your lunch looks and sounds yummy!

I am probably the worst dieter ever! I wish I could just be super active and eat whatever, but that isn't going to happen anytime soon! The only luck I have ever had with a diet was really watching my carbs (out of necessity), but it is so hard for me, because I LOVE carbs. Good luck with your challenge, you will do awesome, and before you know it you will be running on your treadmill/elliptical at your beautiful new house!

P.S. I did chop my hair, 9 1/2 inches! Kind of crazy, but much needed, I am loving it!

P.P.S. We are game on the arranged marriage...as long as your daughter is a BYU fan!

Lindsay said...

Good for you for staying on track! I'm also writing down everything I eat, which helps me see what I'm actually putting in my mouth. I've lost a ton of weight doing that + watching portion sizes + exercising daily, so I hope that works this time around! My biggest challenge is sweets. I can't seem to cut them out cold turkey. I also haven't been to the grocery in almost 2 weeks so we're running low on everything and we've had sports every day this week til 6pm which consequently means crappy dinners. Bleh.

Anyway, good luck to you and I hope we both do well!!!!st

Sarah said...

the avocado and cilantro hummis sounds soooo good! is that from costco?