***I'm determined to catch up on cataloging our family's events this year. Be ready for outdated posts galore!

3/04/2010

Let's Go On A Ride Bike

where did my little girl go? seriously.  her actual birthday was sunday so after dan got home from being on call we headed to his parent's house for cake and presents with aunts and uncles.  madison scored once again and got some great things, including her first big girl bike. she was so excited and within a matter of minutes, was riding around the island.  {i don't think i would have had it in me to buy such a girlie, pink and purple with tassels, princess bike so i'm grateful her grandma and grandpa got it for her.}  she is into everything princess right now and it's absolutely perfect.

i found this cake on another blog forever ago and knew i had to make it for madison's birthday. {check it out here - she has great ideas. plus the cake and photography look better.}

it's a 6-layer rainbow cake and was SO easy to make! we might make it a birthday tradition. {the bottom layer WAS purple, you just can't tell from my picture.}

a couple days after her birthday we took madison on her first "ride bike" as she kept calling it. her bike came with a little water bottle and we barely got out of the driveway before she stopped to say she was thirsty and had to get a drink. just about every 50 feet after that she got another one. it kept us laughing. madison rode the first leg...

... and grace rode the second.

we're lucky madison loves her little sister so much! {a couple days ago, madison said to grace, when they first woke up, "i haven't see you in such a long time!"} i'm sure that before we know it, madison will outgrow this bike and need a bigger one. why do they have to grow up?

7 comments:

Hannah said...

marie the cake looks so cute!

Ben and Anna said...

I need a girl so I can make that kind of cake. maybe my husband wouldn't mind a rainbow cake??

Jen said...

The cake looks awesome! I have seen it before, and always think it would be fun to make, but looks a little intimidating to me! I'm glad Madison had a fun birthday, I can't believe she is 3 already!

P.S. I am trying your enchiladas for dinner tonight, and am so excited!

Lara said...

Oh, I love that cake too! My gracie says she has to have it for her birthday! Any tips?

Holly said...

She is such a doll. The cake is so cute.

Jen Hilton said...

cutest cake ever. I just saw that on some fancy website. You'll have to email me the method of getting those amazing colors. I'd love to know.

LeeAnn Freeman said...

What a great family, adorable girls on their bikes, beautiful birthday cake, and a super new home. The girls will love their rooms and the playroom. We will sure miss you!