***I'm determined to catch up on cataloging our family's events this year. Be ready for outdated posts galore!

5/21/2009

Endless Capacity To Love

today marks 9 months. our lives continue to be changed because of this event. but i've realized that some change can be healing.

meet Mark Imlay:


he came into our lives at a time when we least expected it; but it's been a good thing.

i like seeing my mom happy and that is what he makes her. an added bonus is that mark knew my dad. his wife, valerie (affectionately known as Val) was also on the plane last august. she worked for my dad from day one and they, the Imlays, became very good friends of my parents.

my mom is lucky and so are we - my dad was amazing, in so many ways, and i am grateful for every minute we had with him. but mark is also an incredible man. not every family gets that twice. he sincerely cares about each member of our family and especially enjoys the grandkids; madison adores him. one of the things i appreciate most about mark is that he's a worthy Priesthood holder and he can take my mom to the temple.

which brings me to the big news:

my mom and mark are getting married.

tomorrow. in the las vegas temple. for time.

we are excited and happy for them. i am happy for them.

Elder Ellsworth, my wise, 20 year old brother in japan, said that our souls have an endless capacity to love. i have found this to be true.



8 comments:

Lara said...

oh, that is exciting. I'm happy that you and your family can find joy in this situation, and that your mom doesn't have to be alone.

The Littlefields said...

Congrats to your Mom (and to your family)! You are such a supportive daughter, I love your attitude. I'm glad that your Mom doesn't have to be alone.

Andrea said...

Marie, you and your family are pretty amazing for everything that has happened and beyond that too.

Rita said...

What a perfect thing for them. Both in the same situation- both wonderful people... HOW COOL!!!

ashley said...

So happy for your mom! Hope the wedding was wonderful!
It was so fun to see you! I want to see you every time you come to Utah, okay?!

Chris is wise beyond his years. I love the endless capacity to love quote. So true.

andrea said...

Marie,
I'm so glad that your mom is happy! I also hope the wedding was beautiful. Sometimes things come our way for a reason. I wish them all the best!

Amy Call said...

Marie, We love to read your blog and get the family update. Your girls are darling. When your mom told me about Mark and then later told me about their wedding date, I had the chills!! The good, happy ones. I couldn't be happier for her, or for him, or for each of you. The strength, testimony and spirit you all have lifts each of us up! Thank you for carrying on the Ellsworth example. We love you!! love, Amy Call

Unknown said...

Marie! That is so great! Sometimes families have a hard time when their parents get married so fast, but seriously it sounds like this is a really good thing. In fact, I got the chills reading it. My aunt passed away in September and my Uncle got married a couple months ago and Kandi is the best thing to happen to him. It's been a great thing! Best wishes to your mom and to your family!!! Congrats!!