***I'm determined to catch up on cataloging our family's events this year. Be ready for outdated posts galore!

8/02/2008

Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder

THIS is what i will miss MOST.






dan left this morning for missouri. after that will be texas, then new mexico, and then he'll be back home with us in az at the end of october. it was hard to see him off this morning but we got through it, although not without quite a few tears. it's going to be long, and not at all easy, but i know our relationship will grow stronger because of this separation. it sounds weird but we will have to depend on each other more than ever before. dan is an amazing husband and i feel so blessed to be his eternal companion.

really, the hardest part for me is that madison won't understand where her dad went. it breaks my heart to think about it. she loves her dad so much. she just clings to him when he gets her out of the crib in the mornings and wants to be right next to him from the second he gets home from school. dan is the greatest dad and madison absolutely adores him. we will miss him so much.

sorry for the downer - it's been a long morning!

editor's note: dan made it safely to missouri, got settled in, and starts his derm rotation today. madison and i are doing great and getting ready for our big trip (3 weeks in utah)!

7 comments:

Jenny Wilson said...

Hi Marie- It's Jenny (Frei) Wilson. I am so sorry to hear that you guys have to be apart. I feel your PAIN! When I was pregnant, my husband had to move to salt lake and go to the police academy.... but I had it easy because I had no kids at the time. You guys will grow closer. Why is he going anyways? (maybe I missed it on one of your posts). Anyways, you can see my blog at rjbwilson.blogspot.com. I don't do much blogging, but I post pictures that I take. Talk to you later. Jenny

Katie said...

That's got to be tough, Marie. It's hard when you have to be away for a couple of weeks, let alone for a few months! Hang in there.

Harmoni Osborn said...

We'll be here for you-banking on the fact that we don't get sick anymore!! Sorry it's been such a pain to get together!! I'm glad that Dan made it safely to the midwest-I'm jealous of him actually! I really miss the beautiful green of back there. What part of MO is he gonna be in!? Have fun in Utah and we'll see you when you guys get back!! :p)

Casey and Tamra said...

I feel your pain. Casey left for Utah last Saturday. It was also a rough morning for me. I think that I have been dreading it for the past couple weeks...that is the only explanation for my many mood swings. He left last fall, but it is a totally different story when you have kids. Hopefully it will go by fast. Give me a call sometime.

ashley said...

Do I get to see you when you come to Utah??? Gimmee the deets: where you'll be, how long you'll be around, etc etc and we'll see what I can do!

Dave and Alisha said...

Marie- Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you. My summer school has finally ended so now I've actually got some time on my hands. Ya, I don't know how I used to handle summers in AZ, SLC is much nicer. We'll be down in Cedar for some bike racing on the weekend of August 30th so let us know if you're still around. We've never even seen Madison and she's looking old already!

The Finks said...

Your family is so dang cute. Sorry you have to be alone I don't think I could handle it for more than a week props to you. Tell you dad I said hi in 3 weeks. He probably does miss those shakes but I bet his cholesterol levels don't hahaha.