***I'm determined to catch up on cataloging our family's events this year. Be ready for outdated posts galore!

3/29/2008

Ten Years Ago...

i've been tagged! i am so excited because i love reading random things about other people on their blogs so now it's my turn to try and think of interesting things. thanks lindsay! and i tag janae, ashley and kate (y0u just did one kind of like this so don't feel like you have to!)

Ten Years ago....

i was finishing up my freshman year at Catalina Foothills High School in tucson, az. i was 15 and anticipating driving and dating. i was planning on BYU for college but i had never even heard of cedar city, the place my family relocated to the next year.

5 things on my 'to do' list today

1. dr's appointment (YEAH)
2. tidy the house :(
3. get my haircut - i would get my haircut every other week if my hair grew fast enough. i love hair cuts!
4. find a swim suit for madison
5. grocery shopping!! i love to grocery shop! weird, i know, and i spend way to much. but i don't feel guilty like i do when i buy clothes or things like that. we ALL benefit from the good food i buy!

Snacks I enjoy:

whole wheat goldfish
navel oranges
white cheddar rice cakes
fruit snacks (madison and i share)
swedish fish
saltines and sliced cheese
Bush's baked beans (very random)
Haribo gummi bears - they have to be that brand, the ones in the gold package
red vines
ruby red grapefruit
a lot more sounds good right now too but we'll stop here


What would I do if I were suddenly a billionaire?

this is hard. i would pay off our student loans, build a house, put money away for kids college, buy a horse (more on that later), and definitely buy some new clothes. i would buy a time share in Puerto Penasco, Mexico, buy a brand new metallic midnight blue four runner (my dream car), and travel. i would love to go to all the continents once, except antarctica, see all 50 states, set money aside for regular family reunions so everyone can be there, and i want a pool. i just want to live comfortably, oh and donate a bunch to the church.

3 of my bad habits

1. i am an awful backseat driver - but only when dan is driving!
2. i take long showers, not just long, but LONG as in i think the water is getting cold
3. i love to read but i kind of "skim" books. enough to get the plot and enjoy the book but i don't love the details

5 Places I've lived:

1. mesa, az currently, tucson before that
2. lubbock, tx
3. rancho cucamunga, ca
4. medford, oregon
5. utah - provo and cedar city
6. washington - pullman and seattle


5 Jobs I've had:

1. babysitter
2. telemarketer
3. host supervisor at brick oven restaurant
4. nanny for three little girls who i love to death!
5. wife/mom - best job on earth! and hopefully i will never have another one!

5 things people don't know about me

1. my closet is color coded - i am kind of obsessive compulsive about it. i dont care if the clothes are inside out or long sleeve next to short sleeve, but the hangers all face the same way, and everything is organized by color
2. i love cookbooks. i could look through them for hours. i really like to cook also, but cookbooks are a weakness. but only if there are pictures, i have to see the finished product
3. i will have a horse one day. i have always wanted one- i was horse crazy when i was younger and have read the black stallion series a hundred times. living in Lehi around people with horses has convinced me. i WILL have a horse one day
4. i hate nuts, fish and eggs - all good, healthy food, but i can't stand any of it
5. MADISON IS GOING TO BE A BIG SISTER!!!! yep, i am pregnant and most people don't know that about me yet, till now. i am just 10 weeks along but went to the doctor today and everything looks great, heartbeat and all! i am due nov 5 and we are all soooo excited! our kids will be 20 months apart and i can't wait. i have been feeling terrible - hence the lack of blogging, but hopefully we are near the end of it. Yeah! two kids!! so weird.

13 comments:

Hannah S said...

Congratulations!!! 20 months apart! Good luck :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations! You are brave to have another one! Kirra is going to be one next month...and I am SOOOOO not ready to have another one! But...that is awesome! I am excited for you!

Jen said...

Congratulations!!!

Chelsea said...

Yay! Congrats! Oh, and to answer your question on the busy book, I didn't have a pattern exactly, but I found a busy book on whiteelegance.com (random, but it came up in google!) and copied a lot of their ideas, then added my own. Let me know if you have any other questions on how I did it...it sure was fun!

andrea said...

congratulations!!!!! isabelle and keoki are about almost 22 months apart and so far it's been ok. isabelle gets jelious when i'm feeding him because she wants to be held while i'm feeding him!!! if you need any advice about having two feel free to write me and ask. i'm still learning as a go. wish you the best!!!

Kate said...

ahhhh!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!! I can't believe it! That is so awesome!! When you were talking about snacks you like and said, a lot sounds good right now, I thought, man, she's probably pregnant, and lo and behold, you are!!!! Congrats Marie!! That is so awesome! Yay!

Andrea said...

alli told me this the other day, i can't believe you were holding out. haha. congratulations!!

Katie said...

That's so exciting! Congratulations! Sorry to hear you've been sick, that's the worst. I was sick for two weeks during my pregnancy and I could only wonder why there are so many kids in the world...I can't imagine being sick for a 1/3 of my pregnancy. Glad to hear you're feeling better, hope you guys are doing well.

LeAnn said...

Thats great news. I hope you start feeling better soon. Have a happy and healthy nine months.

Jennie said...

How exciting for you!!! I like your random facts too.

Robin said...

Congrats! That's very exciting!

Lindsay said...

Congrats, you guys! That's SO exciting!!!!

Adam and Bri said...

Marie! It's Bri from your glory days at Brick Oven. I just found your blog on Jennie's blog, and it was such a fun discovery! Congratulations on the pregnancy!! That's so exciting. It looks like you and Dan are having the best life — which you so deserve!