***I'm determined to catch up on cataloging our family's events this year. Be ready for outdated posts galore!

3/10/2008

Madison's 1st Birthday Bash

madison turned 1 year old on feb 28 (this post is a little belated - i had to get the pictures from another camera). we had a bbq with family at our house followed with the standard cake, ice cream, and presents. we had a lot of fun and madison seemed to enjoy being the center of attention. she got many books for her birthday which was AWESOME because madison loves reading them and i don't think you can ever have too many. i am posting quite a few pics for my fam in utah that couldn't come down so sorry to everyone else! and the order is very random, oh well. i can't believe our little girl is already one. this year has flown by and it seems like just yesterday we were coming home from the hospital. she is the sweetest, talented, beautiful, stubborn, and hilarious one year old i have ever known. we love her so much and i am so glad to be her mom.

first bite of ice cream - homemade!

first bite of cake - chocolate with butter cream frosting!



madison did NOT like her birthday hat. we had to hold down her hands in order to hurry and snap the picture.

opening her presents with a little help

decorations, presents, cake and candles

the birthday cake that took me TWO hours to do! i know, i was crazy and it's not much to show for that amount time and effort but oh well. i think it turned out kind of cute. it's supposed to look like nash, my in-laws dog, who madison just LOVES to death. he's a golden doodle that weighs 80 lbs.



dan did an awesome job grilling all the hamburgers and hot dogs, although we did practice with the new grill the night before.

madison's aunts lindsay and stephanie, and uncle brett - my mother-in law was taking the pictures - thank you laura!

madison's LeBaron and Farnsworth great-grandparents, and my cousin brooke came too.

getting ready for cake and ice cream!

7 comments:

BJAT said...

Marie, that is AWESOME!!! I cannot believe that it only took you 2 hours. Are you kidding, that is amazing! I am glad you did it. ha ha Looks like fun! I cannot believe they are so old either. We are going to celebrate Tyler's on Friday. I am not that good though.

Jennie said...

I think that cake is awesome as well!! And two hours looks worth it, it would have taken me a lot longer. And about responding...I think I tried to just email, but it became easier to just comment on your recent post. Maybe if I have something more to say than a comment on the post I should just do it on Facebook.

Unknown said...

That Cake is AWESOME! How you did that I will never know! WOW! Good job! I don't think I would let anyone eat it after making it looks to good! It looked DELICIOUS though!

Kate said...

oh man she is getting so big! What a cutie! Happy Birthday Madison!! We miss you guys up here in Provo...

andrea said...

Happy birthday to madison!!! it's so fun to watch them grow up! i'm glad that your family had fun.

Lara said...

super fun! what a cute hat! my kids would never keep the hats on either, and that cake...you go girl! that's awesome. looks like fun.

Jen said...

I can't believe Madison is already 1! The cake you made is awesome! Does the dog happen to be named after Steve Nash, or is it just a coincidence?