***I'm determined to catch up on cataloging our family's events this year. Be ready for outdated posts galore!

3/12/2008

Called To Serve


more good news!! my other brother, chris, just got his mission call today and is going to the JAPAN HIROSHIMA MISSION!! he leaves june 4th and is so excited. i figured he would go foreign but japan wasn't quite what i was thinking. he speaks german pretty well, so germany was an obvious choice or maybe south america since my dad, husband, and brother went there. but no, JAPAN!! crazy! and my mom pointed out that it's kind of ironic - he's in the air force and now he's going to hiroshima. i am so proud of him for standing up for what is right and for making choices that have always been aligned with following the gospel even when his friends weren't. what an example he is to me. i feel so lucky to have been blessed with such a wonderful family. chris - i am so proud of you and i know that you are going to be an amazing missionary! i love you!!

6 comments:

Kate said...

that must be an old picture, right? Mads looks so little!! Congrats to him, Japan would be so awesome, that is so random. Don't you love it how we assume certain options because of language or history, etc and then people get called so randomly!? yay for him, that'll be crazy awesome!

andrea said...

so exciting!!! we are so jelous of him, my husband is half japanese and wants to go to japan and see the sites and see his great grandfathers burial plot. congrats to your brother though.

Ryan said...

That's so exciting! I have a cousin in the MTC right now going to Japan. It's crazy to think Chris is old enough to be going on a mission. Tell him congrats for us.

Keith and Nicci said...

Hiroshima isn't by Tokyo, but my parents and younger sister are living in Tokyo right now, and my parents serve in the Tokyo temple, so they might run into each other down the road if he gets to visit the temple - I'll have to tell them his name when he actually gets to Japan.

ashley said...

Okay, I am officially freaked out.

Little Dallin is way too young to be having a baby!!
And Cute Baby Chris is WAY too young to be going on a mission!!!

What is happening to us, Maria?! We are getting OLD!! AAAHHHHH!!

But seriously, tell both bros congrats from me. That's awesome!

Hilary said...

You do realize that I studied German in college and went to Japan on a mission. . . I can't believe Chris is that old. I took him to soccer practice once in Tucson when Dave and I babysat your family. Sigh. Thanks for commenting on my blog so I could find yours!