***I'm determined to catch up on cataloging our family's events this year. Be ready for outdated posts galore!

3/06/2008

AMERICAN IDOL!!!

i have followed it religiously for several seasons now and i love it! some people just tune in for the auditions, which is the one part i HATE. half the people that audition for the judges are just trying to get on national tv by doing something stupid. i think it's a waste of time to watch those, except to start getting aquainted with those that make the top 24. this year is very exciting because there are two LDS contestants - David Archuleta (Murry, UT) and Brooke White (Mesa, AZ). both should make it into the top 12, but david is probably the favorite of the competition to date. my brother was actually an EFY counselor a couple years ago and the first week he was part of the talent show committee. he said that david archuleta auditioned and was the best talent show act of the summer. here we are two years later and i think he's the best one on AI. here are a couple of his performances, "Imagine" gave me goosebumps. and he is only 17!



this was his most recent performance - the category was 80's.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I LOVE Idol! I have been watching it religiously ever since season 4. I am pretty happy with the top 12 this year. David Archuleta is my favorite though! Hopefully he will win.

Jennie said...

I agree, we are big fans too! I love to also hear all my coworkers (not LDS) rave about David too! I'm glad you put your website on facebook. I just started blogging and love to find others with a blog.