***I'm determined to catch up on cataloging our family's events this year. Be ready for outdated posts galore!

3/09/2008

Weekend Roadtrip





this weekend we took a quick little road trip down to tucson, az. dan had a half day and was inbetween rotations so we thought it would be a great chance to get out of town and visit friends we hadn't seen in 8 months. we drove down friday afternon and dan took care of some business at U of A while i visited with a friend that has a little girl madison's age. it was so fun to see them play "together". lauren and madison wanted the same toys, same pacifyer, and same stuffed animals but they are too young to really grasp sharing or even fighting. they just grabbed whatever they wanted and turned around and walked away, till the other little girl caught up, took it, and vice versa. madison doesn't play with anyone that close to her age in mesa so it was fun to watch her interact with a child at her level.

after that i picked up dan and we went to visit the Wilcox's - the family i nannied for. i love that family and their 3 little girls (alma, lola, and nora). i can't believe how much they have grown since last july! (the bottom picture is last april and the top picture is from this weekend.) then we went to one of our favorite restaurants nestled in the base of the tucson foothills called el corral (delicious!!) and headed to my aunts house to play games with cousins and spend the night. it's great to have family spread out - it saves you the cost of a hotel! sat we stopped to see some friends from our old ward, a couple from med school who have a new baby, and an old friend from highschool. we also got to eat at our favorite sandwich place beyond bread and stopped for gelato at frost on our way out of town. we crammed in as many restaurants and people as we could in just about 24 hours before we headed back to mesa. madison was a trooper for getting in and out of her car seat so many times and it was fun for people to see her walking and starting to talk. thank you everyone who let us interrupt their busy schedules to visit! hopefully we will be back soon!


6 comments:

Jennie said...

Marie-Seeing old friends made me think of the old days back at Brick Oven. I was wondering if you have any idea where Tahnee/Lorrin and/or Kristi are? I don't know if you kept in touch with them any longer than I did, which wasn't past Brick Oven or since I left on a mission.

Chelsea said...

Man, I'm so jealous of your weather! Those pictures in the other post of Madison at the "farm" made me with we were somewhere warmer. :) What a cute family! I'm glad you left some comments on my blog so that I could find yours! Now I can keep tabs a little bit easier on everyone. Very cute family!

Unknown said...

Hey Marie! I see that you live in Arizona! We are in Cedar for now! Greg applied for the Mesa, AZ Police Department and we should hear from them within a month or so. If he gets the job....we will be joining you down in Mesa...probably around June. Your little girl is cute! She is about as old as my little girl! I would LOVE to take pictures for you! It's my latest hobby! Let me know if you are in town sometime and we can get together to take some! If Greg gets hired on...we will have to come down and do more tests and look for housing....and so I will let you know if we come down there!

Robin said...

Of course I remember you! Glad you found me. Since you are in mesa we should hang out.

Lara said...

hey! I'm so glad you posted so now I can keep track of your cute family. we should get together when we come down there (probably not until november...I know, so long away, but I still dream of my Arizona!) and, i LOVE David Arch....however you spell his last name...i'm totally rooting for him! and, i've been asked multiple times by strangers if Brooke white is my sister?! crazy, huh?!

Natchel said...

It was so much fun playing games with you and Dan! Madison is such a doll. We need to get together more!
Rachel and Nate