***I'm determined to catch up on cataloging our family's events this year. Be ready for outdated posts galore!

4/10/2008

Proud to be an American



ok, with Easter, my family coming into town and everything else going on it's been awhile since i have blogged about anything. and now it's going to be about my brother again, chris, the one who just got his mission call. he's an Air Force ROTC cadet at Utah State and hopes to eventually be a fighter pilot (he already has his private pilot's license!). my mom forwarded an article with this picture to me. (http://hjnews.townnews.com/articles/2008/04/09/news/news01.txt) i am so proud of him. this picture brought me to tears as i saw him standing there in his full uniform, honoring our troops. i am impressed with his willingness to work hard and commit to this country and for our freedom. i guess it just made me feel very patriotic. i love this country, what we stand for, and that we fight for it. i know America isn't perfect, but i know this is the promised land and i feel so proud to be an American. (i love that song too!!) chris, thank you once again for your example.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

That is a really nice picture, you should be proud. A mission and the Air Force. But the link to the article isn't made into a link. I guess I will just copy and paste to see it.

Katie said...

It was crazy to see a picture of little Chris looking so proud and mature in this picture...I've seen pictures of him, but I still remember him as a young little kid back when I hung out at your place. What a great guy he's become.