***I'm determined to catch up on cataloging our family's events this year. Be ready for outdated posts galore!

4/22/2008

Trust Me, I'm ALMOST a Doctor



dan has a t-shirt from med school that says this and people comment on it every time he wears it. it's weird that he only has a little more than a year of school left and that this time next year we will hopefully have matched with a dermatology residency program! dan has been working so hard for the last three years and i know he has learned so much and is going to be an outstanding doctor, but we have started getting a few calls from people wanting his medical opinion and it's so weird to me! he knows what he is talking about and i trust his opinion, but it's still weird!

yesterday, one of my friends from the ward called and her son had split open his chin playing volleyball and she wanted dan to come look at it. not unusual, except they had already been to the doctor to see if it needed stitches and she still wanted dan's opinion. her son has prom this weekend and he wanted to be able to go to the lake for their date. dan checked it out, gave his opinion, and it was no big deal. but it makes me proud that his hard work is paying off and that people respect his medical opinion, even if it is just a matter of stitches vs. butterfly bandage. i am so grateful for all the work he has put into school and i know both of us can't wait for it to be over! i love you dan and thank you for being such a wonderful husband and the best dad madison could possibly have. muah!!

6 comments:

Chelsea said...

That makes me laugh because just the other day I told Matt that I couldn't picture him as a doctor. Even though I know that he's smart enough and he's learning everything and doing well, I've known him since he was fresh off the mission and to me he's just plain old Matt...not Dr. Rowan! Maybe all the wives go through this? Ha ha

Sheri said...

So does it bug you when people call all the time asking for medical advice? I would think dr.s find that annoying. Do you?

Unknown said...

Well so far it has just happened like 3 times, so it's still new and fun.
I am sure it will get to a point where I might not like it, and some people could take advantage I guess. But he's becoming a dr to help people, so it's thats what he'll do!

Jen said...

I can't believe Dan is already finished with 3 years of med school. It seems like just yesterday when we were all working at the BO!

Lindsay said...

I know exactly how you feel! People are asking Matt for eye advice all the time now!

Keep up the good work Daniel!

Brad and Meghan Miner said...

Congrats on the news of a new baby. Our blog is FINALLY up and running. Look forward to catching up.