***I'm determined to catch up on cataloging our family's events this year. Be ready for outdated posts galore!

7/31/2009

Breaking News

"International cancer experts have moved tanning beds and ultraviolet radiation into the top cancer risk category, deeming both to be as deadly as arsenic and mustard gas."

"...the risk of skin cancer jumps by 75 percent when people start using tanning beds before age 30."

"Previous studies found younger people who regularly use tanning beds are eight times more likely to get melanoma than people who have never used them."

dang it. i don't think i ever used them regularly.... but i should have listened to my dad!

right now he'd be saying, "i told you so!"


for the full article, go here.

and for yet another backdated blog post, this time about our 4th of july, click here

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

My youngest sis is an frequent tanning bed user and I keep waiting until I get the chance to tell her, "I told you so" about cancer!!! Of course I hope that never happens, but..... we'll see!