***I'm determined to catch up on cataloging our family's events this year. Be ready for outdated posts galore!

9/06/2008

Beautiful Day

i promise i will start posting about other things soon but i have wanted to document what has been happening through all of this. bear with me. i figure if you want to read it great, and if not, tune in a little later when life calms down for us.

the funeral was beautiful. i could end right there. there were so many people who loved my dad and my brother, some traveled from very far away to be with us. the Spirit was so strong. the service was uplifting, and really celebrated the people they were. it made me want to be more like them, to become a better person. they truly loved the gospel and loved serving with all their hearts. the music was amazing and really moved me. they both loved good music! i was honestly sad to see it end.

with all of the pregnant women in the family, we stopped by the house for a quick 'rest stop' and the mood was happy and light. we all felt better than we had all week. i was relieved.

at the gravesite, the feeling was much more somber. my grandpa dedicated the graves and then the pall bearers were told to put their flowers on the caskets. i felt ok until my mom told chris he didn't have to choose one, he could break his flower in half for each. at that moment i thought why us? why both of them? why is our family having to go through this? it's hard to keep thoughts like that from creeping into the back of my mind. but it just makes me more grateful that i know we will be together again. everytime it gets hard, i think about my testimony and thats what we are living for. we are going to live our lives in a way that makes it possible for the covenants we have made to be intact. we will be a forever family.

we had a big luncheon afterwards for friends and family and it was great to relax and visit with everyone. thank you to everyone who apent the time and money to travel and be with us! and those who coudln't, we still felt of your love and support.

we never would have chosen for this to happen and not a day will go by that we won't think of my dad and brother, but we are a stronger family becasue of this. our conviction of the gospel is solid and our love for each other is eternal.

11 comments:

Erin said...

Marie,
We too have felt so uplifted and motivated by the services for you Dad and Dallin. I have thought each day this week about what I can do to live my life better and more fully. We were grateful to be there.

Erin & Jimmy

Lori said...

Marie: i agree with you, the music was wonderful, as were the talks. You and Chris and Hannah were amazing. I especially appreciated your insights about Dallin as a husband and father. So very touching. You and your family are continually in our prayers.

Sheri said...

Marie, I want to thank you for the updates on the blog. I think about you and your family every day and wonder how you are doing. I had to miss the funeral, and I am so grateful for your blog updates. I'm still praying for you every day, and I hope you know how many of us care for you and hurt with you. Thank you so much.

Liza said...

Marie, our prayers are with you and your family at this time. I am amazed by your strength. Your expressions of faith have uplifted me and have renewed my gratitude for eternal families. With much Love, Scott and Liza

ashley said...

I also think of you and your family every day. You are such a wonderful example to us all. Keep on keepin' on, darling!

Rachel said...

Marie,

You are such an inspiration to me. As I read your posts I can't help but think about how strong you are and recognize what an amazing testimony you have. I can't imagine what life must be like right now, but I wanted to tell you that I pray for you a lot and I think of you even more often.

Much love
Rachel

Lindsay said...

More hugs and prayers.... that's all I have to give. I think of your family daily.

andrea said...

Marie,
You are such a wonderful person!!!! I think about you and your family a lot and i know you will get through this because of your faith in the gospel. Thank you so much for the updates and just know you are thought of and are in my prayers!

RonElaine said...

Don't apoligize - it's what's happening in your life. You should write about it, and we want to know how you are feeling, but sometimes it's too hard to ask (or answer) truthfully in person. Thinking of you often.

Katie said...

Thanks, Marie, for your posts. I know there are many of us who appreciate being able to read them.
The funeral was wonderful and heartbreaking at the same time. I loved hearing the stories about Dallin from a sibling perspective. It was interesting to be comforted by you and your family (like you posted earlier), I admit. I think I hadn't dealt with the facts until I saw your sweet family. Thank you for your testimony and strength. Life really is about living so we can return to our Father someday. I was reminded of that at the funeral. We still pray for you always.

Unknown said...

Marie,
I finally sat down and read your entries about Dad and Dallin - your expressions were beautiful. Thank you so much for documenting our week and experiences. You have done a perfect job of describing all our emotions and reactions. I have not written anything, so now we have a family record, thanks to you.
I love you very much! And you know how much your service, support, and love has meant to me and the rest of our family. We'll see you again before you know it!
Love,
Mom