***I'm determined to catch up on cataloging our family's events this year. Be ready for outdated posts galore!

1/21/2010

Confessions


i hope i'm not promoting anything inappropriate but i think it's adorable when i tell grace and porter to kiss and they both pucker up and inch forward while saying, 'mmmmm.' as they get closer and closer.

i bought bread bowls for dinner tonight - warm out of the oven, fresh bread bowls and the whole car smelled like a bakery.  the minute madison said 'what is that? and can i have some?' i said yes. because i wanted to eat them as much as she did.  so sorry dan, we'll be eating our soup out of ceramic bowls tonight!

i want a diet coke. like really bad. but dan and i recently gave up caffeine forever. part of that whole new years resolution mumbo jumbo. obviously i am having second thoughts.  and no, i am not addicted.

i turn off the volume to the computer every time i come to my blog.  the song, ' i can only imagine', makes me tear up and cry whenever i hear it.  i get panicky and flustered and it makes my heart pound like crazy.  yet i can't seem to bring myself to change the song. i even know what the replacement will be, one day.

i spend too much on groceries. so we cut the grocery budget by 1/3 last night. i'll let you know how that goes.

i don't know if i am cut out for winter. as in real, snowy, frigid winters.  the past couple days of cold (50-60 degrees) and rainy weather makes me doubt my abilities to enjoy the full fledged winters in missouri we will experience the next three years.  i won't be able to wear flip flops year round.

i don't think i'm much of a shopper but i sometimes it feels like i'm just waiting for the day i can shop and splurge without feeling guilty.  but i don't think there will be a time that i'll ever not feel guilty.  
{i LOVE this hat but am not sure i could pull it off and refuse to pay $20 for it}

i think i could be a hard core suns fan if we settle in AZ long term. but i have a long way to go.  when dan and i went to one of their games a couple weeks ago i asked him if shaq was going to start.
apparently he was traded - nobody told me!


from our awesome seats that dan's parents graciously let us use.


4 comments:

BJAT said...

So great! As part of being Dan's wife you are supposed to know all the happenings of the suns! Brandon reports to me as soon as he gets off their website. LOL I feel like they are are bests friends! Shaq was traded quite a while ago. haha We should meet up and go to a game together, that would be SOOOO fun!

As for cold weather just let me know when you are ready to her my ear full. I have researched A LOT about clothing, especially kids and activities. I think we have almost got all the required gear.

Katie said...

You could totally pull off that hat!

ashley said...

Ditto on "I Can Only Imagine". Makes me bawl every time but I still love it.
And I totally want a bread bowl right now.

Lindsay said...

I love this post. The song on your blog always puts me at peace. I'm not a cold-weather gal either, love my flip flops!! It does get easier when money is actually coming in, but student loan payments are a beast! We'll miss you when you guys move!