***I'm determined to catch up on cataloging our family's events this year. Be ready for outdated posts galore!

12/27/2009

Six

{engagement photo: Nov '03}


six years have come and gone.

dan's lost some hair.
i've gained some weight.

we've moved.
we've graduated.

we've had a couple kids.

we've had ups
and faced some downs.

but most of all we love each other.
more today than we did yesterday.
and more tomorrow than we do today.

i found a man who stands next to me
and helps me face everything this life brings.
he lifts and supports me without criticism.
he makes me want to do better. be better.
he is an incredible dad.
and i love seeing him with porter.
he loves his family and isn't afraid to say it or show it.

he is passionate.

he is worthy.

he is good.

and he married me.



what else could a girl ask for?



4 comments:

ashley said...

And he lets you make ridiculous mall purchases like spending $40 on lotion!!
Seriously, it's been 6 years?? Jay and I will be 6 years in October. That's so nuts!!! CONGRATS!

Jen said...

It seems like yesterday when we were at the Brick Oven looking at your engagement pictures doesn't it? Okay, not really, because it is crazy to think all that has happened since then...degrees, kids, etc! Happy (late) anniversary!

Lara said...

Oh, I love this! You two totally deserve each other ;0)
Hugs.

Sarah said...

love the picture. you are just beautiful! congrats!