***I'm determined to catch up on cataloging our family's events this year. Be ready for outdated posts galore!

10/14/2009

My Other Family

Photobucket

i take plenty of pictures of the girls and usually tons during trips and for special occasions. what i don't have visually documented are some of our favorite things about living in mesa - living just a couple miles from my in-laws and seeing them usually multiple times a week, g&g lebaron's house on sunday nights with all the cousins, having my sister-in-laws drop by unannounced or stopping in for dinner, and then manly things like watching sports games and going golfing.

my favorite part about mesa is being close to family.

while my immediate family suffered tragedy, heartache, change and more change, my 'other' family has been there supporting me every step of the way. i love them even more because of it. their latest example of generosity and love is this: they said kamber and porter should be invited to everything family. this week that meant fhe at the park, a trip to the zoo, another trip to the park with aunts and cousins, and finally my mother-in-laws birthday party.

i have been an excited but nervous wreck for kamber to finally move down here. i've felt so much pressure (i totally blame myself) because i want to make this adjustment easier for them and help her get established and involved.

but i shouldn't have worried. i had forgotten how incredible of a family i married into; how welcoming and open and accepting they are. this last week i have felt especially blessed and so thankful to have such wonderful in-laws, that they would rally around kamber so readily. it will give me peace of mind when it comes time to move across the country next summer.

kamber may not have immediate family in mesa but i think my 'other' family could become hers too.

3 comments:

ashley said...

That is so wonderful that they want Kamber to be a part of everything. I bet that's so nice for her to move to a new place and already have a "built-in" family.

Rita said...

So cute. Stephanie looks so happy with her new hubbie!
I can't wait until I live close to family. And, soon you will be far away so take advantage of every moment!!!

Amy said...

Ah, such a wonderful post. Who could not fall in immediate love with Kamber and Porter??!!! They are amazing and so fun to be with. Your "other" family is just as amazing as the fabulous, wonderful Ellsworths we know!! Give Kamber a big hug from me, and tell her the kids keep asking when they will get to watch Porter again!! Love hearing from you Marie!