***I'm determined to catch up on cataloging our family's events this year. Be ready for outdated posts galore!

4/04/2009

Mexico Trip #2 - Friends

quick summary: this trip was a mere 36 hours after the first one (we drove to Tucson for Match Day in between them)! we went with the soelbergs (alan and erica) and miners (brad and meghan) and it was so fun! we stayed at my grandparents time share and though i started out really nervous to 'host' the vacation, i think it turned out really relaxing and it was great to catch up and see our kids play together.

can you see tiny little madison on the right? i waited to see where she would go and she walked all the way back to the beach house (on the left)!



elise miner (9 months?)- she is adorable!

grace (left) and mae (right) soelberg - their clothes matched almost the entire time and it made me so excited for my girls to get older.

baby claire (5 months) - she and grace (my grace) are 3 days apart

my grace

grace and claire got to 'play' in the pack and play and have tummy time together


enjoying sunset on the beach before the BBQ

we found out mae is a chocolate lover when we made s'mores

the only thing better than a camp fire on the beach is
a gas fire pit,
at the beach house,
right on the beach
- no sand, no clean up, no smoke

our sabbath beach attire - we attended a small spanish branch

lunch on the patio - love the view!

madison and probably her two favorite things - her dad and "ish" (goldfish)

grace and grace

i have to explain the picture above and below. madison is obsessed with high school musical. actually, she is obsessed with gabriella. one morning the kids were watching it and tyson and madison climbed up on the coffee table, front and center (he's 4 months older). well madison, quite loudly, starts saying, "gabriella, gabriella, gabriella" because she was excited and wanted to show tyson (above). it doesn't quite sound like that when she says it but you get the picture. tyson starts saying, "no gabriella, no gabriella", right back to her (below). which made madison angry so she started talking even louder. it ended up requiring some parental intervention. those two had a love/hate relationship going on. it was pretty funny.



enjoying our last evening


low tide and sunset - my favorite thing

this picture sums up how we all felt about the trip

pretty darn fun!!

5 comments:

Lara said...

Oh, so much fun! I'm super jealous! (Although I wouldn't dare put on a swim suit right now!)

andrea said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I'm so jealous!!!
I love maddison's pink dress! so cute!

Ben and Janelle said...

I echo everyone else when I say that I'm jealous! I wish I had connections that could take me to a beautiful beach house in Mexico!
~Janelle Belk (Dunbar), from Brick Oven!
benandjanelle.blogspot.com

Jen said...

Super cute pics! I am jealous of all your fun trips to Mexico!

Kate said...

how fabulous! looks like a blast!! hopefully we'll be seeing you in a few weeks here! your girls are getting so big!