***I'm determined to catch up on cataloging our family's events this year. Be ready for outdated posts galore!

1/22/2009

The Clock is Ticking

i told someone that i don't want to dread the 22nd of every month, being the 'anniversary' date of the crash. nor do i always want to measure time by how long its been since it happened. they said after the first year, that will change. i probably won't measure time like that anymore, and the monthly 22nd's that come around can be a chance to reflect on my blessings, fun memories, and my love for my dad and brother. outstanding advice!

i am already trying to do the latter and it is wonderful. so many fun times, so many memories, so fun to think about. sad sometimes? yes. but mostly happy! a big change for me.


in a couple weeks it will have been 5 years since dallin entered the mtc, pictured a little blurry, above. he left shortly after dan and i got married. we went through the temple for the first time together - an amazing experience that i will never forget! we went to einstein bros. for a bagel breakfast (a family favorite) and then took him to the mtc. i remember crying. a lot!! much like now, that was a time when our family was separated but we made it through. we were blessed immensely through his service, diligence and testimony. he was an amazing missionary. he followed my dad's incredible example. what a companionship they must be right now!! and now my brother chris, is following in their footsteps.


i have so much fun looking through all the pictures we have of my dad and dallin. they are all in one file now so i can scroll through them easily - thanks dan! someone took this of my parents in mexico and i love it. my mom is dressed very appropriately for a trip to the beach. then you have my dad, fully clothed in jeans, a long-sleeved shirt, and tennis shoes... in the shade! thats a dermatologist for you. even has his trusty straw hat by his side. cracks me up every time i see it.



somehow, i love them even more today,
than i did 5 months ago

5 comments:

RonElaine said...

I'm so happy to hear about your "BIG change", that is a huge step in the healing process.

We love you and I look forward to all your stories and sentiments!

ashley said...

Ditto what Elaine said, I love your stories. Makes me happy.

Ellsworth Family said...

Hi Marie: I have not checked your blog for awhile and when I did today I loved what you wrote about your "new look" on the accident anniversary. What an insightful friend you have and it will also help Bryan and I do the same. We were just sharing memories of your Dad today as we contemplated what today represented. I know your father and Dallin are greatly impressed with the way you have developed into such a wonderful woman. We send our deepest love to you and your sweet family.

Keith and Nicci said...

Thanks for sharing - I love reading your blog and learning from you:)

Stephani said...

What fun memories that you have - Coby's Uncle died the week before your brother and dad and I always think of you at this time, as well, and admire your strength. THANKS! His family has this quote that I think is neat and reminds me of you too - "When someone you love becomes a memory that memory becomes a treasure." Thanks for showing us that!