***I'm determined to catch up on cataloging our family's events this year. Be ready for outdated posts galore!

1/24/2011

Proudest Moment Yet

 
{rr photography june 2010 - she's looking up at me.  one of my favorite photos ever.  }


madison was a flower girl at kamber's wedding.
it was a big deal for her. and me.
i wasn't sure if she'd walk down the aisle by herself.
but she did.
and i was so proud. so, so proud.

yesterday topped it.
she walked up slowly and sat with dangling little legs and hands grasping the edge of the chair.
a little self-conscious smile curled up in the corners of her mouth.
my heart was probably pounding as fast as hers.
and then, after weeks of practicing, it was finally time.
she walked to the podium, climbed the steps, pulled down the mic, and said to everyone in the primary room:

"my favorite scripture story is in the Book of Mormon.
it's when Jesus appears to the Nephites, and asks the children to come to Him.
then He gives them a blessing, and angels surround them.
this story helps me know Jesus loves me too.
in the name of Jesus Christ, amen." 

unprompted. unaided.
then she walked calmly back to her chair
and turned around with a big grin,
waiting for mom and dad's seal of approval.
i gave her the biggest smile and thumbs up i could.
on the way home from church i got to explain happy tears.

my little girl, just a few weeks into being a new sunbeam, was willing and confidant and brave.
she's growing up and i'm in awe as i sit back and watch who she is becoming. 
i am one proud mama.

2 comments:

Lindsay Skinner said...

When did she get so big??? Glad it went so well!

The Littlefields said...

What an adorable story. I love this age, and new found confidence.