***I'm determined to catch up on cataloging our family's events this year. Be ready for outdated posts galore!

7/29/2010

Where To Start


we're moved in and settled enough to feel like we can finally tackle projects in our house such as painting. do you know how many shades of tan there are? way too many.  i'm hoping that having my walls look like this will be motivation for us to get started. you'll have to wait and see which color we chose.

here are a few projects on my list:

**i'd love this butterfly wall art in my girl's room. (yes, we have a four bedroom house and they are still sharing a room. i think it's good for them. :)

**what about this post card wall in our entry way? (full tutorial here) maybe i'd put it downstairs. kind of fun and bright and we could keep it current by switching out recent snap shots of the girls and postcards of places we visit.  i'd have to borrow tools from someone ...


**photos of our girls from rachel button photography (more on that later plus a lot more cute pics), enlarged and printed on canvas for our bedroom or living room.



** make curtains, a memo board, and throw pillows for the girls' bed using this fabric line - minus the bright pink. we're hoping to put in a chair rail and repaint the girls room.  the red is to dark and bold so we're going to lighten it up a little. finding a cheap twin trundle bed would be awesome as well.



**i'm currently searching craigslist for a cheap console table to refinish.

** and i love, love, love these "i am a child of God" prints from etsy. i can't decide between this one, this one, and this one.

this little sampling of what we'd like to do is already intimidating. i'm not artsy or creative or even a visual thinker so it's hard to picture what the house might look like when finished. and then trying to figure out how to do all (or some) of this on a tight budget won't be easy.  but i'm really excited about it nonetheless. hopefully we'll be done decorating the house in time to try and resell it a few years from now. :)

if you have any good ideas or favorite design blogs, pass them my way.
i can use all the help i can get!
keep you posted.

6 comments:

JJ and Kimberly Taylor said...

I like the 2nd "I am a child of God" best. I really like to come up with things to do. So if you have stuff just laying around and you don't know what to do with it. Take a picture and I'll see what I can come up with. I use to watch a design show and loved getting ideas from it. I even have some on tape, because she would show you how to do things. Good luck with decorating!!!

Casey and Tamra said...

I love love love it. My list was that long when we moved in too and I have lost most of the motivation. Maybe this will get me in gear.

the mrs. said...

ok. i'm in love with all of this! and oh my gosh, cute cute CUTE pictures of the girls!! LOVE THEM! :)

andrea said...

well, you can always stop by my furniture blog
www.potential-treasures.blogspot.com
I have a bunch of talent girls sites with great interior design ideas. Good luck!

Katie said...

love all the ideas! and the paint choices. don't think you could go wrong with any of them.

Brianna said...

AHH marie those pictures are so adorable!! They are seriously so stinkin cute!!