***I'm determined to catch up on cataloging our family's events this year. Be ready for outdated posts galore!

7/20/2010

Oh, Just a Little Announcement


KAMBER IS ENGAGED!!!
 shane mccormick is the lucky guy. 
he absolutely adores porter, and porter loves him right back.
 we really couldn't be happier for them.



the good news does feel bittersweet though as i think about dallin and how much he looked forward to raising a family with kamber, how excited he was to be a dad, and how all of this came to be.  but i know he is happy for kamber and shane. very, very happy. and now little porter is going to have a dad here on this earth, to play with him and teach him and guide him as dallin would have.  

never in a million years would i have guessed that my family would consist of a step father or that my mom would have other grandchildren besides her own or that i would see my sister in-law marry someone else.  yet it's a testimony to me that life goes on and that Heavenly Father's plan for each of us is not always the plan we had in mind for ourselves. and that no matter what our plan holds, we can be happy. He wants us to be happy.  

i'm grateful kamber and shane found each other.
and the same goes for my mom and mark.
tender mercies keep happening.
we are grateful.


**and remember this favorite shot from mexico? (scroll to the bottem) shane is on the far right. we loved the chance to get to know him better and are glad that kamber's in-laws didn't scare him off!! :)


5 comments:

Erin said...

You have great perspective Marie. That is so exciting for Kamber and Porter. Glad you guys are making the most of a difficult situation.

Hope you're enjoying Missouri as well!

Jen Hilton said...

oh yea! I am SO happy for her. Please tell her that, from us please. Is he an AZ boy, how did they meet? I'm so thrilled I want more details. I think I need to call you. Please email me your phone numbers. =)

Tiffany said...

small world! I was good friends with denalie, shane's sister, my freshman year

Sarah said...

oh yes, i want to know more details too. how exciting for them!!! i don't even know kamber, but i am so thrilled for her. does kamber have a blog?

the mrs. said...

congratulations to kamber. that is one lucky guy!