***I'm determined to catch up on cataloging our family's events this year. Be ready for outdated posts galore!

12/23/2008

Four Months

the three grandkids!!



it is good to be home after 3 weeks in utah.

there is just something about the daily grind of dirty diapers, leaky sippy cups, soiled burp clothes, and goldfish crumbs in the carpet that i love. seriously. it is my busy and sometimes chaotic life as a wife and a mom that has helped me get through these last few months.

my favorite part of our trip to utah was my nephew porter. actually, it was seeing my sister-in-law, kamber, taking care of porter. i am so impressed with her strength, as she finished her last semester and graduates in may, as she loves and nurtures porter as a single mom, and as she mourns the loss of her eternal companion. i am continually amazed by this woman who dallin chose to marry. they are perfectly matched. i know dallin is proud of the way kamber is raising their son and how she is handling everything being thrown at her. she is an example to me of extreme faith and understanding. i love you kamber!

multitasking!



sound asleep and so peaceful



love this face




cousins - exactly 4 weeks apart



i love this little boy so much! at times it's hard for me to hold him. it makes me so sad that dallin isn't here to watch porter - to see his enormous smile and watch him kick like a maniac when he gets in the tub, or to help kamber in those hard moments when he is hard to console and she just needs a break. but i know that Heavenly Father prepares us for what is to come. porter brightens up kamber's life just as he does mine and everyone else's he comes in contact with. he is a blessing and is the next best thing to having dallin with us. we continue to have hard days, but we have good ones also.

and this boy's smile, makes them good ones!




7 comments:

RonElaine said...

I was sad we didn't get to see you while you were here, but I know you were busy loving your family. I'm glad you are having some good days - even if they seem few and far between.

Porter looks just like Dallin, I love it. I can hardly wait to meet up with Kamber after she gets back from AZ.

Know we are thinking of you all, especially this Christmas.

Love you.

Ellsworth Family said...

Marie:
When you have a minute would you please email me at:Sellsw97@aol.com
so I can get your address. We'd like to send you, Dan and family a Christmas card! I am glad to hear you have made it back safe and sound. We love you and your family. May our Heavenly Father's blessings and tender mercies continue to come your way.

Kirsten said...

way to go kamber! porter does have a wonderful smile.

andrea said...

Porter is so cute! I'm so glad he has been such a blessing for your family. i'm sure he came at the right time. :) wishing you and your family all the best!
love you!

Kate said...

He is so beautiful, looks just like Dallin... and you look amazing Kamber. Our love and hugs and prayers go out to you guys this Christmas and every day all year. We love you.

ashley said...

Oh my gosh, Porter is such a doll!! I love his little smile. Makes me excited for my little guy to show up next month!!

Miss B said...

Loved this post. Porter is adorable...i went to lunch with Kamber for her birthday and he has gotten so huge. I hope your new year is fabulous.