***I'm determined to catch up on cataloging our family's events this year. Be ready for outdated posts galore!

5/12/2008

I Love You MOM!!!

















i want to give a shout out to my mom for Mother's Day! i am surrounded by amazing women - my grandmas, my mother in-law and my mom. they have been wonderful examples of wives, church members, and especially mothers. i have learned so much and continue to learn so much from each one of them. but i want to express my thanks and my love to my mom specifically, since i wasn't able to actually be with her on Mother's Day.






















i love my mom! she -

is beautiful
an achiever
is funny
loves food and is an amazing cook
the coolest mom i know
is generous
is selfless
can text as fast as any teenager
stayed home with all of her kids
went back to school and graduated from college because education is important to her
has great taste - clothes, food, interior decorating, music... everything
isn't afraid to be herself
always does what is right
instilled in me a love for reading
sacrificed for her kids when finances were tight
serves the community tirelessly
loves her family
is a wonderful grandma, even though she looks too young to be one!
gives us space to make our own decisions
and forgives us if they were wrong ones
is a best friend to me


this is a short list of things and reasons why i love my mom. she has been there for me through thick and thin, rain or shine and i have always known and felt her love and support for me. i understand better now, the joy and the pains of motherhood and i am grateful for the example she has set for me. the bar has been raised high! it's hard living far away, even though i see her often. but i am so grateful for the knowledge i have of eternal families and that my mom raised our family in a way that we believe in that and are living that. i am lucky to have been blessed with such a wonderful mom and i am grateful everyday for the lessons that she has taught and is teaching me and for all the time i have been able to spend with her. i love you mom!

(editor's note: i didn't have any pics of me and my mom alone, most of them are her and madison throughout the last year.)



1 comment:

Katie said...

You do have such a sweet mom. I was always impressed with her when I was at your house. She's very involved and always put together. I remember a funny story, though, about Dallin filling a presciption for your mom because she didn't want anyone to know it was for her...haha. Nothing embarrassing, but I thought it was funny because she pawned it off onto Dallin.