***I'm determined to catch up on cataloging our family's events this year. Be ready for outdated posts galore!

5/04/2010

What She Says


me: "make sure you put your gum in the grabage when you're done. don't swallow it!"
madison: "i chew it. then swallow it. it's gum, mom. thats how it goes."


madison: "NO, grace doesn't want to get down!" {from breakfast}
me: "why not?"
madison: "i don't know. she's not done eating she breakfast." {used to get her pronouns mixed up}
me: "well it looks like she's done. i think she's ready to get down."
madison: "i don't THINK so, mom!"
{she didn't want grace to come touch her my little ponies}


{waiting for me to peel her orange}
madison: "lets share turns. i'm waiting so patiently."


me: "madi - lets find your other shoe so we can go!"
madison: "mom, my prince will find it!!!"


{i just explained that macy, my parent's dog, was hit by a car}
madison: "but if someone runs ME over, there would be no more madison."
me: "noone is going to run you over. i won't let them."
madison: "what if they don't see me?"
{we had this conversation many, many times}


madison: "can you put my string cheese back together?"
me: "i can't, i'm sorry. once it's broken you just have to eat it like that."
madison: "but mom, i LOVE it back on!"


madison: "landon, you know why my owie hurts?"
landon {her second cousin}: "no"
madison: "i was running too fast."
landon: {laughs}
madison: "IT'S NOT FUNNY!"


 madison: {praying}: "thank you for jesus. and thank you for snow white."


me: "i love you to the moon and back!" {in reference to the book 'how much i love you'}
madison: "mom! i'm not a cow!!"
{she confused it with 'goodnight moon', in which the cow jumps over the moon}


madison: "i want little birds to help me with MY blanket."
{we were driving somewhere in the car and it took me a few minutes to figure rhis one out since it was so random. she meant like the little birds help cinderella make her bed at the beginning of the movie}


***i've kept a piece of paper in the kitchen so i could try and keep track of the funny things madison says every so often. these are just a sample of what i recorded. most recently, was this...

me: "madison, can you say tyrannosaurus rex?"
madison: {without hesitation} "maybe when i'm a mom."



life with a three old that loves to talk, never gets boring!!

11 comments:

Robin said...

So stinkin cute!

Hannah said...

i just love everything about this whole post too hahaha

Lindsay Skinner said...

I love her! And that top picture is so adorable!!! Do you really have to move??? :(

Kamber said...

That was one of my favorite posts, Madison is so funny! I just love that girl, and Marie that is a really good picture of her, I love it!

Rita said...

that picture is too cute for words.

Ben and Anna said...

these remind me so much of james...except his are boy versions...don't you just love this age? Well, when they are not testing the very limits of EVERYTHING?

Unknown said...

She is so so cute! I absolutely love the top picture! She looks so much "bigger" than 3. All girl :) So cute :)

Mrs. Courtney Lee said...

Madison is adorable!! :D hehe

Seeing these reminds me of something Erin said when she was 3. We were driving home and a chicken was hit by a bus, so my mom and a friend of my grandparents from England went to put it in the garbage. Erin said that she didn't want to be hit by a bus, because then she'd be put in the garbage, too.

Kids say the darnedest things! They are so cute! I'll miss you guys when you move. :(

Jen Hilton said...

SO stinkin' cute!

Kyle and Jamie said...

She is a doll!! So funny!!

Adam and Bri said...

ha! too funny. and way to go writing them down! i'm impressed.