***I'm determined to catch up on cataloging our family's events this year. Be ready for outdated posts galore!

5/09/2010

Mom's Day



mother's day was wonderful.
breakfast made by dan {whole grain pancakes- yum}.
sweet cards, doodled on by two little girls.
lots of hugs and kisses and twenty 'happy mother's day's' from madison.
and oriental lilies that make my house smell incredible.

great church meetings - with some chocolate thrown in.
a rousing game of monopoly deal during naptime - my new favorite game.
delicious dinner with the skinners {thank you lindsay!}.
chocolate covered strawberries delivered to all the grandmas.
and phone calls with two brothers on missions.
it was good.

i am grateful for motherhood.

for the divine role i know i am filling.
i love being a mom.

to all the woman in my life who have influenced me - THANK YOU!
i am blessed to have grandmothers, aunts, and inlaws,
who are incredible examples to me and that i love so much.

to my mom especially-
you taught me what was important.
to look for gospel principles in every experience.
you have taught me perspective, and how to persevere,
and to enjoy life despite our trials, not just endure it.
you taught me the importance of being a mother - the sacredness of that calling.
i am, who i am, because of you {and dad}.

i wish more than just one of the four of us had been with you today.
but we will see you soon.


i love you mom.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love you too, Marie! And now that you are a Mom, you know how much I love you.