***I'm determined to catch up on cataloging our family's events this year. Be ready for outdated posts galore!

4/08/2010

A Couple Things

awesome things i love about our new house {my fingers are crossed until it closes}:


the saloon doors.
so funky.
but it hides the laundry room and unfinished storage room, plus, adds character.
and we like character.



incredible windows.
i LOVE them.
big and beautiful floor-to-ceiling windows in the living/dining room that will be covered with little finger prints.
the windows in the bedrooms are really cool too {can't remember the name of them right now...}.


original flooring.
the tile reminds me of houses i grew up in and the wood in the bedrooms is gorgeous.


this doesn't come with the house but we'll need to get one for sure.

for this:


HUMONGOUS oak tree.
talk about four seasons - we'll witness it firsthand, right in our front yard.
i can't wait to hang a swing from the branches {note to self: buy a ladder}, rake up a bazillion bags of leaves in the fall and see it bloom in the spring.


i really like that the house looks simple and straightforward.
what do you think about painting the shutters black? 
and a flower bed instead of shrubs?
so many things to think about...



and all will be well,
because i felt right at home when i saw this giant, brand new old navy just about a mile from our house.

3 comments:

Jen Hilton said...

So cute. I can give you serious leaf blowing lessons after I cleaned up our yard & the neighbors last fall. Apparently the renters next door, the ones with the giant tree, could care less about landscaping. After weeks of waiting for them to care for it, and 5 50gal bags later, I buckled up and did it all. I had no idea it was such an art!

Lindsay said...

A girl after my own heart!!! I told Matt I could live anywhere, as long as there is a Target and an Old Navy. ;) LOL!

I can tell you're excited to get into that house!!!

Unknown said...

I think that black shutters would look terrific! But the green don't look bad at all.