***I'm determined to catch up on cataloging our family's events this year. Be ready for outdated posts galore!

11/13/2008

Loves Of My Life!!

does it get any better than this?





















we have had our hands full the last two weeks but it has been so much fun! having two kids changes everything - but i love it. having a new baby is so much fun this time around because we know what to do. grace is a great eater and sleeper which is such a blessing. she looks VERY different than madison did so we are excited to see her grow. check out the picture of her hairline below - major cowlicks going on! doing her hair will be an adventure. i love this stage when babies are just so tiny and they eat and sleep and snuggle.

i have to give a shout out to dan, who has been amazing. he is the best diaper changer, baby burper, and lullaby singer i know. except maybe my mom. but it's close. thank you dan for all of your help. i love our family of four!




poor madison was really sick while grace and i were in the hospital and was on antibiotics the first week we were home. but after day 3 she had adjusted pretty well and now she absolutely adores grace. the first thing she says every morning and after every nap is "baby", in her cute little voice and then she wants to go see grace. she is a great helper, even when she is trying to wrestle a pacifyer into grace's closed mouth. my favorite is when madison is playing and stops, walks over, gives grace a big slobbery, open-mouthed kiss, and then continues playing as if nothing happened. i feel so lucky!

can i just tell you how much i love this little girl! and her little sister of course!!


my mom came down and we spent time at my dad's parent's house. (more pics of her visit later - can't work our new camera!)








16 comments:

Greg and Sarah said...

Marie she is adorable! I love the picture of everyone at grandma's house. I started tearing up...I don't know why. I bless you with loads of sleep! Good luck with two!

Lindsay said...

Gavin has that same swirly-cue on the front of his hairline too!! Actually in one of the pics, it looks like Madison has it too. Does she??

I'm glad that you're adjusting to having two kids and that Grace is such a good baby. Cute girls you have!!

Jen said...

I love the pictures! Grace is beautiful, that dark complextion is amazing! In the first picture you posted last week I was thinking she looked like Madison, but you are right, they do look really different from each other. I am glad you are doing well with 2 kids, that is awesome, I am still afraid to have 1!

Anonymous said...

Marie they are sooooo cute! I can't wait until Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

haha P.S. that was from me, sorry.
-Hannah

Jen Hilton said...

Oh, your girls are so sweet. I can't believe Grace's smile. You look really great too. Can't wait to see you again.

andrea said...

marie,
you have such beautiful girls!!! I'm so happy that things are going so well for you and that the transition is going good. two will get easier the older they get. it's just some getting use to.

Casey and Tamra said...

Both of your girls are so cute. I hope my baby #2 is a girl (I'm not prego, I just think two girls in a row would be fun...someday). Hope you guys are doing well. Casey was off to Michigan today for an interview. We'll see how that goes:/

Sarah said...

I'm glad you are enjoying baby Grace. They'll both be big before you know it. You all look great!

Keith and Nicci said...

So glad you guys are surviving - I agree that while it is so much work, it is also so much fun with two - and easier to know what to do this time! Your girls are so cute - congrats!

Robin said...

She is gorgeous! And believe it or not, it does get better. Just wait until they can play togehter!

RonElaine said...

oh, that makes me so excited for our baby to come!

ashley said...

Family of four... WOW! I hadn't really thought about it that way, but geez! That's awesome!! I guess I'll have a family of four soon, if we count the weenie dog!
Grace is beautiful. You guys make gorgeous babies. Glad all is well.

Ellsworth Family said...

I found your blog and I am so glad I did. Congratulations on your beautiful new daughter, Grace! The picture with your grandma, mom, you, Madison and Grace is priceless! It brought tears to my eyes. We think of you often and continue to have you in our prayers. You have a sweet family. Love, Sherri and Bryan

Jenny Wilson said...

thanks for the update... your girls are too cute! The baby is precious... I really hope we can see each other in December... I know you will be busy... but we'll see what happens!

Kate said...

oh my goodness you guys are the cutest! I love little grace, such a sweetheart...
we are adjusting to life with a new babe here and let me tell you, no one ever told me recovery was so horrible. thank heavens my mom is here, I don't know how you're doing it with a toddler too!!
love you, call sometime and we'll catch up!