***I'm determined to catch up on cataloging our family's events this year. Be ready for outdated posts galore!

6/27/2008

Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point), Mexico

we got to spend a week in mexico with my family before chris left on his mission. it was the last week of may so i am late in getting this posted. my grandparents and uncle rob were able to go too. it is by far my favorite place to vacation and my parents own part of a beautiful beachfront house which makes it even better. there is a huge deck with a BBQ, hot tub, and fire pit and the view is priceless, especially at sunset. the water is warmer than any california beach and it is WAY less crowded! rocky point has one of the most drastic tide changes in the world which is so much fun because during low tide you can walk out forever. the only bummer is the sting rays. i saw a couple but only my uncle rob got stung!

our favorite things are:
ocean kayaking
snorkling
frisbee/volleyball/soccer
fresh rolls and tortillas from a local panaderia
downtown fish market (i hate sea food but my parents always do a shrimp night with shishkabobs, shrimp scampi, and shrimp cocktails)
shopping at the dirt mall - this is where i have gotten all my favorite jewelry
waking up to the sound of waves
exploring tide pools during low tide
skim boarding
reading and relaxing
games, games, and more games
un-interrupted time with family
eating at la curva, our favorite restaurant, and being serenaded by the mariachis
mexican vanilla - i promise it tastes better then anything in the usa

we had so much fun! thanks again mom and dad for making it happen! this is only a 'few' of my pictures from the trip, sorry there are so many! and check out the sunset!



























5 comments:

Dave and Alisha said...

Your pictures look really fun. I was excited to read this post because we are planning to spend a week at Rocky Point during Christmastime with Dave's family.

LeAnn said...

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun! That looks like a really nice place. We like the "real Vanilla" too. We save it for special desserts.

Jen said...

Way cute pics! Looks like you had a blast! I am so excited that you guys are coming down here! One weekend in Houston, one in College Station sounds good to me! We will have to get it all planned out! I'm super excited!

Kate said...

oh man it looks like you guys had so much fun! Next summer??? :)
Love you!
and yes, July 10th is the date!

Candace said...

Marie-

I was so surprised to see you on my blog. Thanks for commenting...it's good to see what you guys are up to. We lived in Surprise, AZ for 2 years and loved it! We knew a lot of people going to medical school there.