***I'm determined to catch up on cataloging our family's events this year. Be ready for outdated posts galore!

9/21/2010

Spontaneity


i don't know if this blog has been as boring to read lately as it has been to write but i need to get out of this funk.  something about "catching up" just ruins it for me. so here is a little post of spontaneity before we go on a big trip to AZ and UT tomorrow.

-my gracie girl looked pretty adorable picking raspberries, if i do say so myself.

-6:45 am found dan and i sitting on our back stoop cutting off a clump of poo stuck in the hair on sadie's behind. I AM SO NOT A DOG PERSON!!! i just had to get that off my chest.

-i love red vines, and starburts, and pretzal m&m's which is a problem since i had a bunch leftover from our yw's fall camp last weekend. note the word had.  they disappeared quickly.

-our $300 bill to fix our AC this morning puts a damper on things since we're trying to save up for new carpet.

-i found a beautiful piano at a garage sale a few weeks ago.  it was orange and i loved it but didn't buy it. we're saving up for new carpet, remember?

-i'm not very happy with mr. stork because he is taking way too long in my opinion.

-i went camping this weekend and participated in a high ropes adventure coarse and it was awesome.

-i can't wait to see what happens to grace's hair when we leave MO for the next 12 days.  will it lay flat? thats the million dollar question.

-i bought a $1 black witches hat at target. grace wears it around the house saying "glinda" and "witch songs".  the wicked soundtrack is the girls choice of music these days.  i train them well.

-and last but not least, i am SO bummed (and that doesn't even begin to describe it) that dan won't be at kamber and shane's wedding this weekend. he's going to miss madison walking through the meadow, in her beautiful red dress, dropping rose petals down the aisle as a flower girl.  kind of a once in a lifetime thing. but thats what pictures are for, right? i'll have to take a few.

thats all for now.  tomorrow we are flying west. AZ and UT, here we come.

3 comments:

Ben and Janelle said...

Have fun on you trip!
That dog poo thing does not sound fun, but even still, I am definitely a dog person!
Try waiting 5+ years for the stork! :-)

Lindsay Skinner said...

Can't wait to see you guys! Sorry about Sadie, but I'd still rather have that than a cat any day! :)

Congrats on resisting the piano! You're doing better than me. I was doing semi-good until I found a pair of shoes I just loved & didn't want to live without - might have cost me a chaise lounge in the backyard! Plus for some reason missing your girls makes me want to buy them clothes. Not sure how that works...but I have 2 super cute outfits for both of them at my house.

Casey and Tamra said...

Watch out: coming back after a good trip is harder than moving in the first place:)

Hope you have fun and the girls do ok with the travels.