***I'm determined to catch up on cataloging our family's events this year. Be ready for outdated posts galore!

6/13/2010

As Of Late


so much to do. so little time. just bullets for now.

-we're roughing it these last couple nights with paper goods and sleeping on the couch since our bed is taken apart and the kitchen is packed.
-happy hour at sonic is what gets us through the hot afternoons.
-i could have been spotted these last couple of weeks, staked out in my in-laws driveway during the late hours of the night, using their internet signal for the bajillion things i was trying finish up.
-my imitation cookie monster voice has a spanish accent and i can't help it. random. but i noticed today as i read madison her book.
-madison asks me every single morning, "are we driving to missouri today, mama?"
-i LOVE when she calls me mama.
-despite being told over and over that we're taking everything to missouri with us, madison likes to double check. "can we take my toothbrush with us to missouri?" "i found your hair tie on the ground. can we take it too? what about this bobby pin?".
-grace has been pretty distressed between everything of hers being boxed up, getting very little sleep, and a stressed out mom. poor girl.
-my sister in-laws have come to my rescue over and over-watching the girls, helping me run around doing errands, packing, and even climbing up in the mcdonald's playgound. that last one is a big deal because i find mcdonald's playgrounds both claustrophobic and nasty.
-i feel so much pressure to cram in as much game playing as possible since it might be awhile before we find friends that like game playing as much as we {I} do.
-i also have a list of things/places i want to eat before we leave. i have to keep reminding myself we WILL be coming back {bahama bucks, nielson's, tia rosas, sweet cakes... just to name a few}.
-i'm just realizing how much stuff you can cram into a 1200 sq ft apartment. WAY TOO MUCH.
-and moving has left me wondering if/what kind of impact i've made with my young women. do they know how much i love them? how much i prayed for them? do they know i have a testimony? things to ponder...

now, back to packing. thanks for the break. 

{please excuse all typos on sleep deprivation.} :)

1 comment:

Kate said...

oh my goodness. i love you, a great post, it's perfect. I have been wondering how you are and how things are going. i love you, can't wait to see pictures of your travels and the new house, and your new wild life!! love ya, we missed ya at the wedding. :)