***I'm determined to catch up on cataloging our family's events this year. Be ready for outdated posts galore!

11/05/2009

Slump

i'm in one.
a full-fledged blogging slump.
i have a ton of pictures.
lots to say.
and no motivation.
none.
whatsoever.

i want my pictures to be BIG when i post them, but i can't seem to figure out a way to do it without it taking forever. (lara, i will be emailing you! here's a link for those interested - bigger blogger pictures. i still have a hard time, even with thorough instructions.)

i don't even want to get started about my header.

and photo shop has been on my computer for almost a year now and i haven't taken a single tutorial! talk about lack of motivation.

so please get on my case.
tell me i am horrible and that i need to keep blogging for family history and such.
or because i have two darling girls and you just can't get enough pictures of them.
or because you want to know what life is like when it's 9o degrees outside in november
or even just because you don't want to see a half-naked picture of grace slumped in her high chair every time you check the blog because it makes you think, "that poor girl - why doesn't her mom stop taking pictures and just put her to bed!"

because thats what i think every time i see it.

so please, give me some motivation.

i need some.

12 comments:

Keith and Nicci said...

I need some documentation of our fun little party, since you know there's know way I could actually blog about it myself... you do it for me! and I promise I get really excited every time I see you've updated your blog on my sidebar... I can hardly wait to read what's next! So hope that helps :) Oh, and when you figure all that technical stuff out please come show me because I'm right there with you

Brook said...

I know you don't really know me but I was friends with Dallin in High School and my grandma was a patient of your dads. But I read your blog all the time. I love looking at all of the pictures of your adorable girls. so please keep it up. you inspire me to be better at blogging. which by the way I'm really terrible.

Hannah said...

marie.
i want to see pictures of my favorite nieces. and favorite sister. and favorite brother-in-law. please.
love you.
hannah. :)

Ben and Janelle said...

I think your header is nice...it's a very nice picture. I enjoy reading everyone's blog, but that means you have to update so I can continue to read yours and find out what's been going on in your life since I worked with you at good ol' Brick Oven. :)
~Janelle

ashley said...

I love your blog. Who cares if it's not all frilly and pretty? I just love feeling like I know what's going on in your life.

michelle parker said...

marie you should be ashamed of yourself!!

for being too hard on yourself!! hey atleast you do blog. i dont even have a blog. i love seeing your sweet little girls and hearing how your family is doing. you have inspired alot of people with your faith and courage. and pretty soon you will move away and the only connection we will have will be through your blog! better get the habit set now! i love you and think you are amazing. ~michelle

Amy said...

Ditto to all of the above!!! Marie, you are so amazing and such an inspiration to all of us. We all have those slumps and it's ok! Just don't be so hard on yourself. On days like that count your blessings. Don't worry about everything that "needs to get done." Instead roll on the grass with your girls, look at the different clouds in the sky, make a card for a gramma, paint, color, just enjoy life. Some days we just need a break from the everyday "life". Pat yourself on the back! You are amazing. You are doing great! Love ya. PS YOU were my inspiration in starting in my own family blog...you should be smiling now!! :)

Mary said...

please continue! it is one of my few pleasurble thigns that i start out my day with before i start teaching 27 snotty thrid graders! yoru girls are alwasy so cute too!

Katie said...

I'm pretty sure if you need to feel good about your blog, you can look at mine. The only reason it's functioning is because of my husband....he fixed it, but now I have to add all of my "friends" back on...and that hasn't happened yet.

Your blog is very inspirational, and I'm being serious. You've taught me a lot about life and being grateful for the little things. And about your baby falling asleep...mine did it the other day, and I documented it too. Those make the cutest pictures!

Lindsay said...

I miss reading your blog!

And about the parade.... I had NO idea that the family participated! Apparently I didn't get that memo. We did see Diana, but I didn't realize she was with our family group!

The Bevans said...

If it makes you feel any better I have had photoshop for almost 2 years now and took the first 2 days of a tutorial. Still, nothin! :)

Anonymous said...

marie~
my mom (and i) wants to see more pictures and hear more news from of her little adopted family! love you!
~jess hulet