***I'm determined to catch up on cataloging our family's events this year. Be ready for outdated posts galore!

2/23/2009

6 Months- Hard to Believe

{an oldie but a goodie}


a lot of laughing and quite a few tears is what yesterday entailed for me, at a get-together in my grandparent's house. there could not have been a more perfect place for me to be on the 6 month mark of the crash, than gathered with my dad's siblings (4 of the 5) and parents. it felt good to be an Ellsworth and enjoy all the memories and stories that were told of my dad and his family. so special.

and plans were made to plant two almond trees in the backyard, within view from my grandma's kitchen window. one for my dad. one for dallin. a bench from rocky point will sit between them.

it has been a couple of tough weeks. really tough. for a lot of different reasons. i didn't expect to still have some of these feelings, and not this strongly.

but i am grateful for a Heavenly Father who knows me. who knows my needs before even i do. i continually have tender mercies happening to lighten this load and ease the pain. just last week i was preparing my relief society lesson on celestial marriage and came upon this quote:

"[Heavenly Father's great] plan of happiness enables family relationships to be perpetuated beyond the grave. Sacred ordinances and covenants available in holy temples make it possible for individuals to return to the presence of God and for families to be united eternally."

i have a testimony of the sealing power of the Priesthood. i know that when we are married in the temple, with the right authority, we are sealed as families; and if we live worthily, we can be reunited with our Father in Heaven and be together forever as families. i look forward to that day.

3 comments:

Molly said...

I just wanted you to know that I was thinking about you on that day. Things do get easier. It's so wonderful to know what we know. I look forward to that Great Day! What a wonderful reunion our families will have! Thank you for your testimony and love and support!

Jordan said...

Marie! You amaze me! Thank you so much for that testimony. I love you and your family! I keep you in my thoughts and prayers every day!

RonElaine said...

I *heart* you! Don't worry about commenting - I read your blog all the time w/o saying anything. Sometimes I don't feel I need to, or don't have time or whatever!

I suspect that as time goes on there will be many things that get easier, but some things that continue to be difficult and I'm sure it's different for everyone.

For me, this time is the hardest because the "first" everything happens without the ones you love. It's almost like you have to learn how to live -and enjoy-all over again. But, just like Molly said, it really will get better.